A Brief Introduction to Common Epidemiological Terms
In order to help you understand some of the key concepts and terms in epidemiology, this module will enable you to:
1. Differentiate between incidence and prevalence
2. Summarize risk and probability.
3. Describe what someone means when they say, "the odds of something are..."
4. Compare exposures and outcomes using risk and odds ratio.
5. Recognize what attributable and population attributable risk are, distinguish them from risk ratios, and understand how to use them in the allocation of public health and medical resources
About this activity:
This activity was orginally created on: Oct. 7, 2013
- So Young Oh
- Gregory Dorsainville
- Michael Garabedian