SARET: Treatment Modalities for Substance Use Disorders
This module provides an overview of addiction treatments and illustrates how research is used to evaluate and improve treatment options.
- Overview of substance abuse treatment options
- Behavioral & Residential treatment approaches
- 12-Step Modalities
- Evaluating new treatments: The randomized control trial
The goals of the module are to
- Outline addiction treatment options with a focus on opiate dependence
- Introduce the research methodology used to evaluate and improve treatments for addiction
The module will take about 40 minutes to complete. To complete this module, please make sure cookies are enabled in your browser.
NOTE: You must use the latest version of Firefox Mozilla, Chrome, or Safari to successfully navigate this tutorial.
If you have any difficulty accessing the module from the above link copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://education.med.nyu.edu/compass/activity/163/
Generously funded by
All video and audio copyright New York University 2010; images copyright New York University 2010, or used with permission.
Please Log In, or Sign up
or sign in with a local Compass account
About this activity:
This activity was orginally created on: July 10, 2012
- Violetta Kraja
- Kathleen Hanley
- Andrew Neary
- Adam Watt
- Jackie Meyer
- Monica Malone