This is an optional module that provides a very basic overview of nervous tissue for students that would like some background before the formal presentation about the Nervous System.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
1. Recognize the difference between the Central Nervous System and the Peripheral Nervous System
2. Understand the basic structure of a nerve cell
3. Recognize examples of nerves in the PNS
4. Recognize examples of ganglia in the PNS
5. Recognize the layered structure of the CNS